The essay discusses about VolunTourism and the preparation for making such trips. Basically, VolunTourism is regarded as travelling with the purpose of volunteering at the same time. It necessitates certain skills and preparation along with the aspiration for making a difference. Based on this aspect, the essay describes about the preparation of such tourism and post trip activities related to it. Furthermore, it also provides summary of five articles on VolunTourism subject area. The objective is to gain an understanding on this field of tourism.
What Is My Personal Minimum Requirement For Accommodations? In order to make a VolunTourism trip, the first and primary requirement is accommodation. For this, my personal minimum requirements would be running water, a place to rest, requisite apparels, electricity and other important tools such as cell phone and electronic equipment.
How Much Money Can I Truly Spend To Pay For A Voluntourism Trip? In order to make a successful VolunTourism trip, I can afford to pay nearly about US$ 3000.
How Much Time/Percentage Of My Trip Do I Want To Dedicate To Volunteering And How Much To Travel & Tourism? In VolunTourism, I desire to dedicate most of the time for travel and tourism activities i.e. 65% of the total tourism time and the remaining i.e. 35% of the time on volunteering.
How Sensitive Am I To Deprivation, Poverty, Starvation, Health Issues, Etc.? I am moderately sensitive with respect to certain health aspects such as deprivation or starvation. To a certain extent, I can deal with the issues of hunger or bad food.
What Tolerance Do I Have For Extremes In Climate? I possess high tolerance with respect to freezing cold weather or humidity climate. However, I cannot tolerate extreme heat such as in dessert or near volcano among others.
- Beck, Larry. Here Comes the Sun. VolunTourism International, 2008. Web. 6 Apr. 2014.
- Clemmons, David. Have We Reached the Age of ‘The Transformation Economy? Via International, 2011. Web. 6 Apr. 2014.
- “Trip Preparation”. VolunTourism International, 2009. Web. 6 Apr. 2014.
- “Processing Experiences”. VolunTourism International, 2009. Web. 6 Apr. 2014.
- “Post-Trip”. VolunTourism International, 2009. Web. 6 Apr. 2014.
- “The Events That Shaped & Influenced VolunTourism In Decade 1.0”. Via International, 2010. Web. 6 Apr. 2014.
- “VolunTourism 2020 Vision”. Via International, 2011. Web. 6 Apr. 2014.
- “Wisdom & Insight”. Via International, 2011. Web. 6 Apr. 2014.